The nursing school of HGM Hospital was started in 1979 with 10 students as per the vision of Late Mar Sebastian Vayalil, the first Bishop of the Eparchy of Palai. Now this school has an annual intake of 35 students every year and we have the approval from Kerala Nurses and Midwives Council and Indian Nursing Council. Our institute offers three year integrated training course in General nursing and Midwifery. Our school is a recognised centre for examinations conducted by Kerala Nurses and Midwives Council.
All through these years, the HGM School of Nursing maintained excellent results. The staff nurses who passed out from this school, after their training are reported to be well qualified, reliable and excellent in their nursing profession with a background of good character formation. HGM School of Nursing strives for the achievement of academic excellence by educating and training nurses to recognize the health needs of the people and to carry out professional obligations fairly and morally.
General objectives of the course offered at HGM School of Nursing
- The candidate on completion of this course will be able to:
- Assess the needs of the clients from birth to death.
- Plan and carry out appropriate action to meet the needs.
- Provide effective nursing care to maintain best possible level of health in all aspects.
- Promote self care in people under their care.
- Apply problem solving techniques in nursing practice.
- Evaluate effectiveness of nursing care.
- Develop skills in giving nursing care to patients
- Apply knowledge from biological and behavioral sciences in serving as a nurse.
- Function effectively with members of the health team and community applying the knowledge of human relations and communication skill in her work.
- Participate as member of the health team in delivery of curative, preventive, promotive and rehabilitative health care services.
- Keep up ethical values in their personal and professional life.
- Develop interest in activities of professional organization.
- Develop basic skills in administration and leadership while working with other members of health team and community.
Rev. Sr. Pauline Pullattu S.A.B.S
Rev. Sr. Linta Kadalikkattil S.A.B.S
OUR STUDENT BATCHES